Longest title ever. For a while now I have been without the ability to update my WordPress blogs from the WordPress app on my Android tablet, Nexus 7 First Gen. Some weird bug or disconnect between the blog, Android OS and app somewhere. I really could never figure it out truthfully.
I have though, read about people having similar issues but no one really had a good fix for this issue. The terrible WordPress Support forum admins are such effing Nazi’s that I could never get any useful help from there. So a few friends and I have been SOL for months. Today I thought since I recently upgraded to Android KitKat and completely reset the Nexus I might give it another shot.
It worked and here is what I did!
I am not sure this first part may be optional but:
- I updated to KitKat
- Reset tablet to Factory, wiped everything
- I first ran the battery of test spelled out in this WordPress FAQ
- My blog came back with no problems or errors
- I logged into my blog admin through the computer and changed the template to the default 2013 one, did nothing.
- I changed my password and then I could log in through the app.
- To test I did a fake test post and it worked.
- I then changed from the default theme to another one, but not the one I use and did another post and it worked.
- Now I went back to my actual theme that I use and it worked. I could do new posts from the app, update them, and delete them with not problem
I don’t know if it was a combination of everything or what but I can now use the Android WordPress app on my Tablet. Step #3 is purely passive against the blog so it didn’t do anything. But I suspect maybe a combination of KitKat and the new password, but I really don’t know for sure.